Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My name is Bekah Granstrom and I'm an addict.....

....No I'm not an alcoholic, I'm addicted to Reality T.V. I try not to be, but really I can't deny it. My husband is gone during the week so once the kids are in bed, what am I left to do but to watch the T.V? I know I could be doing laundry, cleaning my closet, mopping, getting things ready for school the next day, but none of that is fun! Reality T.V. though, that is fun! :-) Here for your viewing pleasure and so that I can try to get a handle on my addiction, are all the reality shows I tune into regularly and my reason/excuse! :-)
Rock of Love 2 with Brett Michaels
~Yes, I have to admit, I was once a big Poison fan! Big hair bands rocked back then! I came home from school and ran straight to the MTV channel (you know before reality T.V. when MTV actually played music videos). I would watch the countdown every day to see who was still on top, was it Poison with their song, "Nothing But A Good Time" or was it Def Leppard with "Pour Some Sugar On Me". Oh yeah, those were the days....so naturally I had to check out this reality show to find out if Brett Michaels will ever find true love!
Survivor
~I think this show has just become a habit....I started watching it years ago and so every season it comes on, I have to watch again. I always think my husband would do well on this show....I, on the other hand, would not survive. I would be like the Kathy of this season, having a mental breakdown and crying to be taken off the island. Fun to watch, but could never be that last Survivor.
The Bachelor
~Come on...the quest for true love.....ok, so maybe it's not really true love but the drama is great! Hehehe! I don't know, I get sucked in. Hoping that maybe this one couple will fall madly in love and stay together forever. Totally romantic! It worked for Trista and Ryan!
High School Reunion

~This is the first season I have watched this reality T.V. show (thanks Seanna). It is supposed to be a High School reunion for people who in their 40's. I don't know how they find these people. I mean there are like all these people and they seem to have kept in touch and all this drama and relationships. Marriage, divorce....just drama! Very intriguing.
Scott Bao is 46 and Pregnant
~Once again I had to tune into this show because back in the day....who didn't love Chachi on Happy Days? And what about Charles in Charge? I mean Scott Bao was in every Teen Beat magazine out there! Interesting show....Scott Bao is nothing like the innocent Chachi or Charles on the T.V. shows we remember. The man seriously needs help, but that's what makes it a good show, right?
The Hills
~This is another show I have just started watching. Seriously, I have only watched 2 episodes, but two of my friends were so excited about the new season starting, I figured I had to check it out. I'm still not sure what I think about this show but really.....what else do I have to do at 10pm at night. Sleep?
Beauty and The Geek
~Ok, this is the end of my list. I don't know why I watch it. The beauties are very shallow but beautiful of course. The geeks are like the nerdiest out there and of course brilliant! My favorite part of the show is when they do the geek makeovers. Ok, now I sound shallow. The point of the show is pretty wholesome, get people to look beyond appearances to see that everyone is really the same on the inside. We all have fears, insecurities, and feelings, you know? Not near as much drama but decent show.
So that concludes my list of reality T.V shows that I watch. Pathetic huh? You know the good thing about reality T.V? It makes you feel so much better about your own life! Ha-ha!

1 comments:

susangranstrom said...

Papa & i were checking out your blog -- i'm teaching him the internet; pretty soon he'll be on line too! :)